Monday, January 27, 2014

More Finishes for 2014

I am so excited!!!! Last weekend I finished my first Heaven and Earth Designs (HAED) chart. I was so giddy when I finished her as it was a long time waiting. The chart is called QS Porthole of Fantasy 1 by Jasmine Becket-Griffith. I started stitching her January 1, 2013 and the goal was to get her done in about 7 months but between finishing up school and planning a wedding she was put to the side for a while. So my goal was to finish her by the end of the month. So I put the very last stitch in her on  January 19, 2014.  I plan on stitching the next chart in the series as the fabric is big enough to have another chart on it. Then I am thinking of some creative ways to make it look like they are being see through a submarine widow.
 
Along with the big finish this month I also was able finish two more charity squares for Charity Cross-Stitching for Sfpsfc & Sick Children in Need. The first pictures is a square for a bug quilt and the second picture is a square of duck for a pond life quilt. Next up on the list for charity squares is another Disney square, football, and emergency vehicle.

Bee and Lady bug for a bug quilt

Duck and ducklings for a pond life quilt

This pass weekend I join one of my Facebook groups Cross Stitch Friends who had a challenge to see if all the members in total can stitch 10,000 stitches from Friday evening thru Sunday evening. Well needless to say the group surpassed the challenge and the count ended up being 61,037 stitches from those who gave counts before she added up. This pass weekend was a star weekend for me I got 2,799 stitches in which I was thrilled to finally have a weekend where all I had to worry about stitching. So I started 2 new projects!!
 
This one is called Dolly Mama Cross Stitch Bitch. She will be a charity stitch for a yahoo group that I am apart of called World of Charity Stitching (WOCS). This group does tons of charity work and they are filled with wonderful caring people and I am grateful to finally be able to start participating in this group.
I started stitching this on Sunday January 26, 2014.
 

Also this past weekend I also started  Brooke's Books Seasonal Houses. I decided to start with winter as I love snow even if I wish it was so cold. In the BB Interactive we are doing a SAL of all the seasonal houses.  I am loving the way this house is coming out!!! I added a strand of light effects to the snow so it sparkles a little more :) This is a different type of stitching for me as I have never really liked stitching buildings but I just love the way Brooke designed this houses and what I love even more is that the designs are simple enough where you can put your own twist into the design. This week is Halloween SAL ornaments will have to see what I can come up with.
 
Well this coming week I am hoping to work more on a baby blanket that I haven't touched in a few weeks. I also hope to get more charity stitching in.
 
 
Happy Stitching

No comments:

Post a Comment